Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Old Enough

This is my new favorite song, Old Enough by the Raconteurs. I am putting up three versions. I like all three for different reasons. I am going through a phase musically where I am very interested in interpretation. It is probably because of my exploration of jazz but who knows? When I was a young musician I would listen to a live version of a song and if it didn't sound just like the studio recording I concluded that the artist/band must suck or be a charlatan. I don't feel that way any more. Below are the music video (playing to the studio version of the song), an outdoor concert version, and a live-in-studio version done in a different genre. The last one has some pretty cool brush action and guest stars Ricky Scaggs and some country chick I've not heard of before (Ashley Monroe). If it please you let's get some discussion going about the thoughts you have when you watch these. R.





1 comment:

Gretschzilla said...

I also liked all three versions. I liked the energy of the live one, and I thought the vocal harmonies on the third one were spectacular. It's a very interesting piece, with a very classic feel for a song that was released last year.